RECENT COMMENTS ON SEARCH ENGINE ROUNDTABLE

Below are the most recent 30 comments. I try to keep it clean of comment spam, but some times things get through and it takes me several hours to get to it. So please excuse any of that comment spam.

Comment ID #5898919612 at 06/26/2022 04:15 am:

joamuk commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

Just checked again, still not there. I also requested indexing of a few linked pages as well, but according to GSC the last crawl of anything was 22nd June. It could be a delay in the figures, or it could highlight a Google indexing delay — or I could have been crossed off Google's Christmas card list.

Comment ID #5898909468 at 06/26/2022 03:46 am:

joamuk commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

Also, remember, your boost could be in part/full down to freshness, so watch out for numbers dipping again in future.

Comment ID #5898908121 at 06/26/2022 03:42 am:

joamuk commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

I've just been looking at a medium volume keyword in my niche. I'm in a YMYL niche, so you would have thought "consumer authority" should play a big part in deciding what ranks. Yet, looking down the results, I've got industry stalwarts (with specifically optimized pages) outranked by cheap local newspapers posting (obviously sponsored) guest posts that wouldn't have looked out of place in 2010. I though we'd moved on — obviously not.

Comment ID #5898902731 at 06/26/2022 03:26 am:

joamuk commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

2022: DA80 sites either hark back to a different era, have a VC with bottomless pockets at the helm, must have gone viral at some point or have a DA abetted by 301's and the like.

Comment ID #5898901087 at 06/26/2022 03:21 am:

Akash patel commented on Google Experiments With YouTube Shorts For SEO Help Content

<a href="https://www.myfreeyojana.com/2022/06/4000-watch-time.html">CHECK MY SITE SEO </a>

Comment ID #5898900653 at 06/26/2022 03:20 am:

joamuk commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

Your DA, DR is only indicative of strength. It always changes slowly and reliably, whereas your Google ranking ability can ping-pong randomly, so Google must be throwing plenty of 'special sauce' into the mix too. Also, the metrics those tools produced can be easily faked. My parked domains, linked together have almost the same DA as my main domain, which is 10 years old.

Comment ID #5898852440 at 06/26/2022 01:05 am:

Hrvoje commented on Google Says There Is No Snippet Wide Ban Going On

How is no one commenting this update? People are talking here about 10 or 50 featured snippets. We had tens of thousands across three sites, and we lost them all over night. No other ranking problems, even on Discover and News. Whats even more interesting is that one of our site, built exactly the same, has snippets. I mean you can lose some snippets, of course, competition is better, or something like that, but to lost them at exact the same date, all of them, is either a ban, or some technical glitch on Google part. Of course, they couldn't care less. There is no place I haven't already written, haven't asked. Google support forum has no clue, as always.

Comment ID #5898752316 at 06/25/2022 09:26 pm:

In Saitama commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

My main site has been recovering since the afternoon of June 18th, and yesterday, June 25th, G traffic was up 108%. BUT of that 70% was Discover traffic - I hadn't been showing on Discover since May 8th. Just one post showing there now, but better than none. Thanks to the very generous advice of @someoldone I did do some work on the front page and meta elements of my site end of May / early June. I've also increased my IG traffic (without paying a yenny) - the post that's showing on Discover atm gets a lot of traffic from IG...coincidence much!? So far today, up about 17% but I always get more traffic in the afternoon so I expect to finish at least 30% up.

Comment ID #5898734529 at 06/25/2022 08:52 pm:

clone21 commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

what shows you when you site:yourdomain.com on Google? How many numbers?

Comment ID #5898698405 at 06/25/2022 07:48 pm:

Ross The Coyote commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

<i>(and <b>maybe</b> on the influence of their money)</i> You can safely omit "maybe" in the sentence.

Comment ID #5898695392 at 06/25/2022 07:43 pm:

Ross The Coyote commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

If your website/s is/are entertaining and engaging, enticing direct traffic is a valid alternative. This way, visitors come directly to your site/s without searching on Google. The problem is how the get visibility in the first place in order to acquire those visitors who can start the ball rolling and drive traffic by word of mouth. Brand name helps, plus old RSS feeds are still round and so are social media accounts, but only if you have enough followers. Even in that case, full traffic without ranking in the SERPs will always be severely compromised.

Comment ID #5898690161 at 06/25/2022 07:34 pm:

Ross The Coyote commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

That may be true, but it doesn't change the dire situation Google has cornered all websites into. Even if you are indexed faster, your ranking positions are most likely nowhere to be seen, which makes indexing basically irrelevant for traffic. What's the point of being indexed by Google if the SERPs do not actually show your page?

Comment ID #5898685333 at 06/25/2022 07:26 pm:

Ross The Coyote commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

I guess you need to be 80+ DA now to index fast and rank even higher. If you have a news website with sponsored content, even better, it'll be indexed and be on the first page of SERPs even before you have submitted it or even published it. It's magic!

Comment ID #5898682985 at 06/25/2022 07:22 pm:

Ross The Coyote commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

Thanks for proving a valid point. Only high authority counts in the eyes of Google, no matter what garbage is in it.

Comment ID #5898681661 at 06/25/2022 07:20 pm:

Ross The Coyote commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

Good point.

Comment ID #5898595243 at 06/25/2022 05:12 pm:

Josh S commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

I did some minor changes.. my site was mostly text so I broke up the walls of text with image, buttons, call to actions etc so the page is more appealing to read. I seemed to have gotten a boost in rankings as that was the only change I made and I was tanking since June of last year lol

Comment ID #5898549283 at 06/25/2022 04:11 pm:

Robin Young commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

I noticed a drop in traffic today, just checked, and every page on our website except the home page has disappeared from search results. They are still indexed according to Google but none are showing at for any keywords. Went into Analytics and 100% of our traffic today is to the homepage... So Google is definitely up to something

Comment ID #5898537343 at 06/25/2022 03:56 pm:

DominicJourdan commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

Weirdly enough I also lost about 35% (probably even more than that) of keywords and 50% of traffic. But it's getting worse day by day and there's no end to it.

Comment ID #5898535716 at 06/25/2022 03:54 pm:

DominicJourdan commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

Can you share with us some details about your website? Did you make any changes after the core update?

Comment ID #5898533907 at 06/25/2022 03:52 pm:

DominicJourdan commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

I couldn't agree with you more. The profit is the most important thing Google is interested in when making any adjustments to the algorithms. I'm pretty convinced they screwed big time by launching this update. I cannot imagine that so many great websites were negatively affected, so many were even completely destroyed, because they deserved so in Google's eyes. There's completely no reason for that. Maybe even I'm not objective enough towards my site when evaluating its quality, but I definitely don't see any problems with yours. It's insane. And regarding your suggestions about changing the titles, maybe I will indeed modify them using brackets and additional information. I'll be having much free time in the upcoming months so I can definitely experiment with things. Although I'd rather create new content but... I was excited by the sudden surge of new keywords but its seems everything's back to new normal. Starting with June 23 I'm back to losing positions and keywords. Yep, I wish it would stop so we could regroup and at least understand what happened. And then maybe find any kind of solution. But as the matters stand right now there is no sign of that at all. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/82b0e933daa36a9688aabd2909c5958896b568b7fd3fef16d98bd3df52209314.png Hope you're getting enough of rest. I'll try to rest tomorrow. I can't believe it's Sunday again. Time is indeed passing fast. Probably due to dealing with all this nonsense.

Comment ID #5898486303 at 06/25/2022 02:50 pm:

John A. User commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

Interesting, thanks for the link. I have two main sites, 1 at xx and at x (all the same digit) . Its interesting that the lower DA site has as many visitors as the higher site and brings in as much if not more money than the higher with adverts. Yeah, I know there's other factors involved, subject of site, etc, quality of links... @dominicjourdan:disqus , I accept that, I was just after one but curious about Semruh as well. Semrush seems to rates me higher. Conclusion, Semrush is cooler then :D

Comment ID #5898468403 at 06/25/2022 02:28 pm:

Golden Phoenix commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

it's just a terrible user experience. You search for let's say an Android stroller mount. Google shows you pages about strollers and Android phones but not what you actually searched for? It's so laughably bad

Comment ID #5898466934 at 06/25/2022 02:26 pm:

joamuk commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

10-12 weeks?!!!! Pre-core update things were being updated within the hour. I have a custom built site (not Wordpress), so I don't think I'll be able to take advantage of instant index, but I'm no expert.

Comment ID #5898456511 at 06/25/2022 02:13 pm:

Josh S commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

Have you tried using instant index? I have recently started using it and I see changes reflecting within minutes. My DA is only 26. Without it I usually see changes reflected anywhere from hours to days. That being said it takes on average Google 10-12 weeks to update.

Comment ID #5898454984 at 06/25/2022 02:11 pm:

Josh S commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

I am actually blessed.. traffic seems to be increasing the last few days.

Comment ID #5898434296 at 06/25/2022 01:46 pm:

malkhaldi commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

In a site I lost 35% of keywords and I don't know how to recover it now... from almost 1000 daily visits I went to 550/600...

Comment ID #5898421523 at 06/25/2022 01:31 pm:

Alex_1729 commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

I wish I had an answer to any of these questions. I'm just trying to rest today. I think two things may be happening. Their algorithms aren't that sophisticated, and they screw a lot of sites with these updates. Two, they've become a machine that doesn't follow their own guidelines, trying to create profit wherever possible. Some things don't need to be changed. Therefore, they make compromises by hurting sites that are "probably" not good, while trying to make long term profit by selling ads, and promoting their partners. Could be also something less shallow... As far as your specific situation go, that Beatles title, I would change it into something more descriptive, or add more info. Sure it's self-explanatory, but you know Google. You also want clicks, so maybe something in brackets? At least that's how I'd do it, but don't listen to me, my site is going down the drain lol As far as product updates go, I thought they were a good idea in theory, and I've made changes accordingly to a few pages but it didn't help. Still those pages got hit. I just hope it didn't drop more, but it keeps on dropping even though I'm getting some keywords back.

Comment ID #5898414488 at 06/25/2022 01:22 pm:

DominicJourdan commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

Please be aware that the score differs depending on the website you'll be using. In my case Semrush and Ubersuggest give me two different numbers.

Comment ID #5898388577 at 06/25/2022 12:50 pm:

Kevin commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

I think there is just a Google index that they actually show and one with all the data. You either made the cut and go to the shown index or you don't

Comment ID #5898387111 at 06/25/2022 12:48 pm:

Kevin commented on Google Search Ranking Update Spiking June 23rd

It seems that their are two Google indexes. One with all the data and one that Google actually shows, which is why some people aren't seeing there stuff in the SERPS but it shows as indexed. Just my guess.